- AVR Microcontrollers & Programmers
- Basic Stamp Modules and Starter Kits
- LilyPad E-Textiles
- PIC Microcontrollers & Programmers
- Rasberry Pi
- Diodes and Rectifiers
- Displays and Annunciators
- IC Sockets & Heat Sinks
- LEDs and Photodetectors
- Resistors and Potentiometers
- Switches and Relays
- Transistors & FETs
- USB, Web & Memory Card Interfaces
- Wireless Communications
- 3D Printers and Supplies
- BEAM Robot Kits
- Metal Frame
- Mold Making and Casting Material
- Motor Controllers
- Other Parts
- Project Boxes
- Prototyping SMT by Schmartboard
- Screws, Nuts & Bolts
- Solar Cells And Education Kits
- Standoffs and Spacers
SparkFun RedBot Basic Kit
is on back order
Welcome the RedBot Basic Kit, a robotic development platform capable of teaching two motor robotics and sensor integration! This kit comes with our RedBot Mainboard, the Shadow Chassis, a handful of sensors, and everything required to get it moving.
The RedBot Mainboard is a modular robotic development platform that works with the Arduino IDE. The RedBot is a motor driver and Ardiuno combination with various headers and connections, eliminating the need to stack multiple shields to get desired functions all on one board. By simply connecting a USB mini-B cable, you can program it in the Arduino IDE using our example code, or your own.
The Shadow Chassis is an economical robot platform with a lot of versatility. It features two gearmotors with 65mm wheels and a caster. The chassis plates and mounts are cut from ABS plastic and utilize the Actobotics 0.77" and 1.50" hub patterns for sensors, controllers, power, etc. Simply snap each panel together and you’ll be able to attach everything in no time by simply snapping the parts together! The chassis does require some basic assembly but detailed instructions can be found in the Documents section below.
Rounding out the group are three Line Follower Sensors and one Accelerometer Sensor. The Line Follower sensor gives your robot the ability to detect lines or nearby objects using infrared light. The Accelerometer sensor provides bump and motion detection by measuring acceleration forces on the x, y, and z axes.
The RedBot Kit won’t be able to operate on Mars but it will definitely fuel your curiosity about robotics!
Note: This kit ships without batteries. You will need 4 AA batteries to get rollin'.
Note: The Experiment Guide in the Documents section below includes full example to code to get your RedBot functioning and moving as quickly as possible.
- 1x SparkFun RedBot Mainboard
- 1x Shadow Chassis
- 1x SparkFun RedBot Sensor - Accelerometer
- 3x SparkFun RedBot Sensor - Line Follower
- 2x Hobby Gearmotor - 140 RPM (Pair)
- 2x Wheel - 65mm (Rubber Tire)
- 3x Jumper Wire - 0.1", 3-pin, 6" (Black, Red, White)
- Eagle Files
- RedBot Arduino Library
- Shadow Chassis Assembly Guide
- SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for RedBot Experiment Guide
- GitHub (Example Code & Design Files)
|Brand Part Number:||ROB-13166|
|Our Part Number:||b5968|